Monthly field trips are held around the Toronto and Awaba areas for the purpose of water quality monitoring in a joint venture with Lake Macquarie City Council.
The 2013 dates are:
|6 March||3 April||8 May||5 June|
|7 August||11 September||16 October||13 November|
These days are compulsory for the following students:
• full-time second year Environmental Diploma
• full-time first year Environmental Cert 4 & Diploma
• full-time second year Chem/Forensic Diploma
Other students (eg Chem Cert 4) can also join, but it must be a full commitment. A unit of competence – Assist with fieldwork – will be added to your record if you complete the minimum requirements for the field days.
Second year students (both courses) are required to prepare the necessary materials and equipment on the Tuesday afternoon (1.30 pm) before the field day.
The meeting point for the start of each day is the corner of High and Elford Sts, Toronto – see below.
View Toronto field work meeting point in a larger map
How to get there
Students are asked to make their way to the site via one of the methods indicated below:
• your own transport to the meeting point by 9:15 am
• meet Graeme outside the back entrance of Building E; the bus departs promptly at 8.30 am or be ready to follow the bus in your own car.
For the first trip it is would be best to be on the bus or to follow the bus.
What to bring
For the day you will require:
• Appropriate dress (i.e. wet weather gear)
• Change of clothes
• Food and water
• Writing equipment
• Items as mentioned in class
Toronto Data Experiment using Tableau Public data visualisation software